Wearing a mouthguard may feel (and look) a little strange at first, but to protect your teeth, it is important to always wear your mouthguard during active sport. Remember to wear your mouthguard during training as well as during competition.
If you find the mouthguard ill-fitting or uncomfortable when first worn, please contact the surgery on 6662 8585, to arrange for it to be adjusted.
Outlined below are some easy tips on how to look after your mouthguard. Following these guidelines will ensure you get the most out of your mouthguard.
SIMPLE STEPS TO MAINTAIN YOUR MOUTHGUARD:
- Thoroughly rinse and then dry your mouthguard after each use.
- Wash your mouthguard in cool soapy water once each week.
- Dry your mouthguard after it has been washed.
- Keep your mouthguard out of direct sunlight and away from heat (heat can distort or deform your mouthguard).
- Store your mouthguard in its case, in a cool area.
For further information or assistance on this or any other dental matter please call our surgery on 02 6662 8585.