First 24 hours
- Do not remove dentures.
- Cold packs can be placed externally on the face to reduce swelling. (20 minutes on and 30 minutes off).
- If painful after anaesthetic wears off take Panadol or Panadine.
- Do not take anything with aspirin in it.
After 24 hours
- Take dentures out and clean them with soap and water.
- Rinse mouth out with warm salty water.
- Put dentures back in.
Next 7 days
Leave dentures in except when cleaning them and rinsing out.
Rinse mouth with warm salty water;
- before meals
- after meals
- in between meals
- before bed
If you are having any problems, please do not hesitate to call me at work on 6662 8585.